What we are
Lyrical and resonant works of flash fiction and nonfiction, poetry, hybrids that take linguistic risks to push the boundaries of conventional language and genre. Send us the box under your bed marked UNSHARABLE; the orphan poem or black-sheep fiction. Send us your experimentals; be vulnerable, be calculated.
Jar, arrest us.
Novel Excerpts for recently published books:
Blood Tree Literature is now accepting novel excerpts that abide by the maximum word count. If your excerpt is accepted, your book will be included in Contributor Books. When submitting, include the link to where your book can be purchased along with a blurb in the form below.
visual art submissions:
We are no longer accepting visual art submissions at this time, but instead will be discovering artists independently. This is subject to change as BTL increases in circulation.
- Submissions are rolling until stated otherwise.
- Multiple submissions are accepted with a limit of 3 pieces per submission. Please do not resubmit before we have responded to your last submission.
- All submissions must be submitted in a single Microsoft Word or PDF document.
- Simultaneous submissions are accepted under the condition that we are immediately informed if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- Upon acceptance, contributors will be asked to read and accept Blood Tree Literature's Terms and Conditions.
- Word count minimum: none. Word count maximum: 2,500. We like to keep it flash-y.
- Our current response time falls between 1-3 months.
- Once you have sent us your submission, you will receive an email confirming that it has been successfully received. If you have not received a confirmation email within 1 week of submitting, please follow up.
- Only send your submission from the email you want to be contacted through.
Those who do not abide by the submission guidelines will be automatically discounted.
how to submit
Copy and paste this form in the body of your email:
Simultaneous submission? Yes/No
Third-person bio (1-5 sentences):
Link to author portfolio:
Link to your recently published book:
Please do not include anything extra such as your personalized logo, your favorite inspirational quotes, links to your social medias, or all 534 literary journals you've been published in.
Keep it neat. keep it clean.
Any genre, 2,200 characters or less. Post an original photo with your microessay in the caption and tag #BloodTreeMicroessay to be considered for publication on BTL's official instagram, @bloodtreeliterature.